What is Cannabis?
You might know cannabis by one of its many different names: grass, weed, marijuana, Mary Jane or pot. Like Romeo said, “That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet” — or, in this case, skunky.
Cannabis is a plant that’s native to Central Asia and India and has been grown by humans for more than 12,000 years! The leaves, stems and buds (also called flower) can be smoked, used topically, or ingested as a beverage or food. It’s famous for its psychoactive effects, AKA a “high,” but it is also used for pain relief, to increase appetite and to support sleep.
Is Weed Legal?
In Oregon, it’s legal for adults 21 and older to purchase, possess and use recreational marijuana, but there are limits.
- You must be 21 or older to possess, use or buy recreational marijuana. If you are under 21, it’s illegal.
- OLCC-licensed retail stores may sell marijuana to
recreational users or OMMP patients.
- You may also grow your own or receive it as a gift.
- There are limits to how much recreational marijuana you may possess in public and in private.
- Driving under the influence of marijuana is still illegal.
- Adults 21 and over can use recreational marijuana at home or on private property.
- You may not use recreational marijuana in public places.
- You may not bring marijuana purchased in Oregon out of the state, even to other states where it is legal.
For more information on cannabis, including legality in our state, visit our FAQ page.
What We Have in Store
Bahama Buds is a dispensary serving both recreational and medical marijuana users. Once you walk through the door, you’re family! Come relax and spend as much time as you need talking about all things cannabis with our expert budtenders. They’ll happily answer any questions you may have and help you feel good about your purchase!
You probably know that cannabis can be smoked, but there’s actually a lot of different ways to use MJ!
You’ll find all of these varieties at Bahama Buds:
Also known as buds, the flower is the OG way to use marijuana. The dried flower can be rolled up into joints or used in pipes or bongs.
For the foodies out there! Edibles are drinks and foods that have been infused with THC. There’s something for every palette, from baked goods to savory snacks and gummies.
Like a joint, a vape lets you inhale THC. Unlike a joint, the smoke is actually a vapor. Vapes use THC oil for a more intense high without the classic cough.
Not just a dance move. Dabs are a super-concentrated oil that are smoked from a dab rig.
What to Bring
If you’re a recreational customer, all you need is your state-issued ID to prove you’re over 21 years old and legally able to purchase cannabis. A recreational customer cannot purchase more than the following amounts at any one time or within one day:
- Two ounces of usable marijuana
- Five grams of cannabinoid extracts or concentrates
- 16 ounces of a cannabinoid product in solid form
- 72 fluid ounces of a cannabinoid product in liquid form
- 10 marijuana seeds
- Four immature marijuana plants
If you’re a registered patient with the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP), please bring your OMMP card, too. The purchase limits are different for medical marijuana users. You can learn more at the Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission’s helpful website.